Tuesday, 16 February 2010

A Long time Wed

My blogs lately are a little bit retrospective I'm afraid, this is mainly due to the fact that I am no longer allowed to blog at work. Blogger has been deemed a Social Networking site and as such a tool of ultimate evil and is now banned at work, along with Twitter and Facebook.

Anyway I am gradually catching up. Saturday 13th February was my Grandparents 67th Wedding Anniversary. They were married in 1943 right in the middle of the War, my Grandad got a weekend pass to come home to Swansea to marry my Gran and then had to go back again the next day.

They were both just 19 but as with most photos from that era they look a lot older. They are now 86 and still going strong, although getting slightly frailer every year, it would be lovely to think that they will make 70 years.

No comments: